Infinite Perspectives by Samy Lamouti




Since he was young, Samy Lamouti was captivated by the photography in magazines, as well as by comic books and manga. He started exploring with his first analog camera. “Then everything changed with the digital process and I got really into it,” he says.



Samy’s work is influenced by a wide range of media. “I’m mostly inspired by architecture and different arts from traditional to digital, video games and cinema.” The urban architecture in his photos is presented from a perspective that comes close to a first person shooter game—in effect, blurring the lines between a real and digital world.
As you can gather from the futuristic atmosphere in his photos, another big influence on Samy’s style is science fiction. “I’m a big sci-fi fan,” he says. “Sometimes I take pictures with the work of Philip K. Dick, Ridley Scott or Stanley Kubrick in mind.”


Although Samy photographs a great variety of subjects, he has a talent for photography with a vanishing point perspective. “I like the vanishing points, the infinite perspectives and the limitless feeling. I also like the minimalistic aspect.”
If you’d like try some vanishing point photography yourself, Samy’s tips are “to be precise with the composition and use the right lens, large is better, most of the time I use 24mm or larger.”




شكرا لتعليقك